1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Brown = Ike Turner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by farmerjerome, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm "a fucking idiot" for not believing Tina Turner's story?
    Were you there? If not, then you know about as much about their relationship as I do.
    I definitely don't know what happened but I do know that Ike never had his side of the story publicized the way that Tina did.
    That was my only point. There are two sides to every story and then there is the truth.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

he beat the shit out of her you moron. What else do you need to hear?
    Do you believe in domestic violence?
    I'm actually surprised you didn't claim to know Ike Turner like you claim to know everyone else.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[​IMG]

Ol' Drippy strikes again.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's twice you've called me a name. If it makes you feel better to act like a child and resort to name calling, I'm taking the high road.
    All I am saying is that there are two sides to every story and then there is the truth. Stop being so judgmental. You may learn something.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

A lie ain't a side of a story. It's just a lie.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So your OK with domestic violence, good to know.
    Sorry, I judge people who think domestic violence is ok.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

hmmm. now that i think about it, i wonder why we never read, "Ike Turner: My Side." ??? ??? ???

surely a publisher somewhere would've anted up for THAT tale. oh, wait -- that's right, he had no side.

sort of like "hitler: my touchy, feely side."

edit: my bad. ike did write an auto-bio. said he slapped tina. even punched her. but denied he "beat her."

so glad he me made the distinction. ::)

so, if the "truth is somewhere in between," where does that leave us, drip? that he punched her but never knocked her out?

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

This is a really weird thread. First of all, Ike did write an autobiography, ergo, telling his story. And it's been accepted for, oh, 40 years or so that he beat the crap out of Tina, possibly because of his cocaine abuse, which is fairly well documented as he did spend time in jail for it.
    What's that got to go with the fact that Chris Brown is in police custody and may be brought up on domestic violence charges which would presumably involved his domestic partner, Rihanna?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

It doesn't leave me anywhere personally Shockey. I just don't take one person's side of a story.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But we should all take yours on every thread.

Anyway, I hope this isn't true. I hold no fandom for Chris Brown, though I think he's very talented. But no one deserves what is rumored to have happened.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know who "we" is but obviously, you feel compelled to respond to stupid stuff and I guess I must be just as compelled because I'm responding to your response.

Brown is a talent. Had a few good lines in the movie "This Christmas."

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

One question, did he or did he not beat her up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.