1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Berman is the worst

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jun 1, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On David Schwimmer... yes. Yes it is.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

With Berman being his typical self at the US Open (according to the US Open thread anyway), it's time to revive this thread.

More pledges for someone to pimp slap Berman, please. I think we're well over $100 right now.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sticky this thread.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

$500 to the first co-announcer that tells Berman that a shot to within 2 feet of the cup is inside the leather.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

HE'S GOT HIS OWN SPORTS CARD!!!? I'm down for $100 for the slap and a link to the video. $150 if you put baby powder on your hand first.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll double whatever I pledged before.

And throw in a kick to the site for making it happen.

Someone, anyone, stop him before I have to watch him again.

Just make it stop

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But if his response is "I'm with you" I will have a newfound, albeit fleeting, respect for him

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Brilliance from the Stanley Cup finals. During the second intermission at Game 5, the Canes are playing a video on the Jumbotron. Music video type thing with assorted folks singing a "Go Canes" song. At the end, Berman comes on and does his little schtick.

Much, much booing.

I was ashamed the Canes put him on there, but it was nice to know that we aren't the only ones who despise him.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Hey, at least he's working it. Golf during the day, baseball at night?
    I bet he asked for a luxury helicopter to make the commute. ;D

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I came home this evening to watch the recap on the Four-Letter.  I was hoping to see what happen and how Montie was able to get through Winged Foot without going ape shit.  

I am on the internet writing on this board as we speak.  Because of Berman.  I'll have to tape Hicks and Johnny tomorrow during the NBC telecast.   :'(  My night ruined.  

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And miss the synchophants, suckups and skirts that come with any golf tournament, magnified by this being a major?
    Not a chance...
    Limo and a suite at a nearby hotel...

12. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

No. Jim Gray is the worst

Draft saved Draft deleted