1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jun 25, 2007.

1. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

AJC's story has been updated - it's being investigated as a murder-suicide

2. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Kevin Sullivan was Nancy's ex-husband. He's the guy who suggested the storyline that she manage Benoit and staged a relationship between her and he while Benoit and Nancy (Woman) were members of the Four Horsemen battling against Sullivan's Dungeon of Doom in WCW. Turns out in real life, Nancy left Kevin for Chris.

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Sullivan has been known as a crazy guy out of the ring.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Sullivan_(wrestler)

look under retirement section.

Had to google it myself, since I didn't know the answer.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The murder-suicide just doesn't make sense.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not one bit when you consider last night.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm watching these exchanges in shock. You people are treating this like it is a wrestling episode.

You already know the killer?

Dude and his family are dead. RIP. I don't get the sense that this is staged like one of those PPV deals.

8. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

No, it's not staged. He and his wife and son Daniel are gone. RIP Benoit - one of the best wrestlers of all-time.

The story has been picked up on SI.com, ESPN.com and is on the front of FoxNews.com.

Mod, In my earlier post I didn't mean to make it read like a wrestling episode, just mentioning that in real life Sullivan had a big beef with Benoit and his wife Nancy. I'm not accusing Sullivan of anything. Just a question of where he is and what he's been up to lately.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Moddy:

I think people'd be speculating whether the guy was a wrestler or a comedian or anything else if he was a guy in the spotlight. Look at the Anna Nicole Smith thing -- people did all sorts of speculating there.

Or in the Beck thread yesterday -- someone speculated about a heart attack.

Doesn't make it right, but people do it.

And this is a bizarre enough instance, with three people found dead in one spot, and not much info from the cops.

People are going to speculate.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

We're just looking for answers.

I'm still in shock. Hell, I took my SportsJournalists.com name from the guy.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What murder-suicide would make sense?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I guess. I just get that "wrestling show" vibe from the discussion, which doesn't mean I'm not wrong in that. Just the vibe.
    I think professional wrestling is a joke and wonder about the mentality of those who spend money on it. No secret there, I've said it before.
    That said, shit, this is AWFUL. Young guy, family. I would just like to separate the wrestling feel from it so I could focus on that. Again, it may be more me than anything else. I just have such a disdain for professional wrestling.

Draft saved Draft deleted