1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jun 25, 2007.

1. You mean, it is, what it is? I've never been asked to explain that one before. Ummm . . . I guess you can say it means you just have to deal with it cause it's not going to change. Sort of like the Bush presidency. It is what it is and we couldn't do anything about it. Or rising gas prices. It is what it is because we need gas in our cars, so we have to deal with it.

The point I was trying to make in terms of watching specifically WWE wrestling/programming was they are not going to change their ways any time soon, but I'm still going to watch because I enjoy the wrestling aspect of the whole thing. I'm not condoning what Benoit did. And I don't think watching WWE condones it either. I sincerely like watching pro wrestling for the wrestling aspect of this form of entertainment.

Am I making any sense? Probably not. I was up very early this morning to go to the gym.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Yes, I know. The WWE hasn't done well with scripting deaths with the Undertaker and Vince McMahon coming to mind. So the blue font was meant to signify the death of a character Owen Hart played named "The Blue Blazer," who he portrayed when he fell to his death out of the rafters. Hart's death was a shame because they knew it wasn't safe putting him up there during that show and secondly, he left behind a family.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Very much overplayed and overdone, I must say.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Your posts? I would agree.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Speaking of WWE stars that can't deal with their developmentally challenged children ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A very well-done piece. There was even a recent clip of Dynamite Kid and that's a hell of a get for anyone because he's very reclusive. I applaud Chris Nowitzski, too, because here's a guy who is actually trying to make things better and even better, had a taste of the WWE lifestyle so he certainly can't be just pushed aside by WWE. As horrific as Benoit's actions were, I sure hope SOMETHING positive emerges that helps those who struggle day to day. Those who follow pro wrestling admired Benoit's abilities in the ring and, of course, knew nothing about his outside troubles. It's also a reminder to anyone out there to respect other people and to care more than about your own needs and wants. Take the time to care about other people and be a good friend. Be a good listener. You'll find that it helps you become a better person, not only in your life, but in the life of another. Ok, stepping down from the soap box.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

He really lost it all after Guerrero died, eh?

It was really troublesome that McMahon, with Linda by his side, dismissed the findings of the brain study, especially since that would make the WWE far more accountable for in-ring activities, as opposed to the ol' roid rage argument.

And I'm not sure which footage was more disturbing: the chats with Dynamite Kid's ex-wife or the chats with the man himself.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The ex-wife's accounts were chilling, but seeing Dynamite Kid for the first time that I can recall ever seeing him as he is now, in a wheelchair, was both powerful and sad. DK has had a book out about his wrestling career for awhile now and it was quite a read.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Dyno's book is the best non-Foley wrestling book on the market. I really like Jericho's, and put it up there with H.A.N.D., but Dyno's is easily top 3.

Hard book to get (try eBay), but I thoroughly recommend it. Made me a hater of The Mountie.

Draft saved Draft deleted