1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jun 25, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I think some of the WWE folks must know what happened.

If it's a murder-suicide, I'm assuming the wife did it, because I can't see them doing a "Benoit is a great, great man" telecast after he killed his wife and kid.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm very proud that SportsJournalists.com has refrained from a Phil Hartman joke.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Not much to joke about there ... man, do I miss Hartman.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think this was mentioned on this thread or the professional wrestling thread, but he was supposed to be in last night's Pay Per View but flew home to be with his family. It had been thought that Benoit wanted to mourn a wrestling friend who had passed away Saturday night/very early Sunday morning.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, authorities are saying no one was shot. It's been reported by other wrestling sites that Benoit rushed home last night because his wife and kid were coughing up blood.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Why the hell would a guy go home and kill his wife and kid when he went home because they were coughing up blood?

There were no gunshots, but there could have been stabbings. Sounds to me like Benoit walked in on a trap.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

As others have pointed out, yes.

And Crippler, I hope what you're saying isn't true.

8. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

I hate to ask this question, and will probably get ripped for it - I don't mean this in a bad way - but I wonder, where is Kevin Sullivan now?

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Sullivan was in my thoughts, as well.

I'mm not going to accuse anyone of anything, but as much as I hate to admit it, that was who immediately came to mind.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He's been out of the biz for years now, but that's a damn good question.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Who is Kevin Sullivan?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

AP doesn't say anything about how they died, so maybe it could have been with gunshots.

Either way, this is terrible news. RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted