1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Exactly. Doesn't belong in a sports section (unless you're in Alberta), but one of the stars of cable TV's top-rated shows dies with his family, it's breaking news.

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Go to 1wrestling.com - Bob Ryder has some information in it and Bill Apter released a statement. It's true guys. Benoit told people in WWE that his wife and son were sick and spitting up blood. I don't know. Could it have been a gas line or something of that nature?

I'm not the biggest wrestling fan anymore. I used to watch it as a kid and would go to some local WWE shows with high school friends, but Benoit was one of the classiest guys I've ever had the opportunity to meet. I was fortunate to sit at a table across from he, Eddy and Chavo Guererro at the Johnson City, TN Hooters after they had a show in 2003. All three of those guys were very, very classy. I have a picture of myself with Eddy, Benoit and Chavo - it holds even more special meaning now.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The wiki article states he called into a show Sunday night saying his kid and wife were coughing up blood.

Could be bullshit...who knows.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

GASP! Vince McMahon came back from the dead to break the news to the wrestlers backstage.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

True. But people die or are killed everyday in homes across America. Most of those cases wouldn't make the national news.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This is going to end up more bizarre than Dino Bravo.

9. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=%22Chris+Benoit%22&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n

Story is hitting several non-wrestling sites now.

I think TMZ was the first to report.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Millions aren't heavily featured on top-rated cable programs.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At least they had the good common sense to not do a live Raw tonight. Took them three deaths of major performers in the last eight years to figure that much out.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, none of that "the show must go on" type shit. They should have canceled when Owen died and when Eddy died, but they didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted