1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chris Ballard on Ryan Anderson and Gia Allemand

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 13, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The bath is drawn, razor removed from its slick packaging. I commenced to opening a vein.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

The story wasn't about her, it was about dealing with someone close to you committing suicide. Inserting Pavano changes that, not in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People around here seem to be having a tough time with the word "scope" lately.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

People are having more trouble ignoring Boom's fake-ignorant trolling jokes.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt one of the most powerful pieces I've read in a very long time.

Girls like Gia don't take their lives because they're 'crazy,' they die because they can't live with the pain of living with their mental and emotional challenges. They have mothers like Gia's who wonder every day if this will be the day their daughter gives up.

Sad and tragic and unspeakably real.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Indeed. Miss you round here.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reality show bimbo and dipshit baller with more money than brains, looking for a trophy. Not exactly Franklin and Eleanor.

Couldn't. Care. Less.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Not exactly making a run for poster of the year there, are we? At least that story didn't mention any bullshit about the shitty people in the military, though, right?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lucy Mercer says hello.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, are you just trolling like Boom or are you really this much of an ass?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Link to article by Michael Weinreb on Carl Pavano when he was with The Yankees. Talks a lot about his relationship with Gia and Weinreb also interviews her extensively for the story.

Maybe it was her relationship with Pavano that was her downfall or vise versa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=pavano

"I met up with the latest of Carl Pavano's ex-girlfriends ("I think if he were a professional ladies' man, he'd do pretty well," says one of his high school teammates) on a humid afternoon at a restaurant in midtown Manhattan. She was wearing a baseball cap pulled low over her eyes and carrying a Louis Vuitton bag she had "inadvertently" taken home for free because of a cashier's error. She was also more than an hour late, in part because she was rushing from a meeting with a movie producer; when I asked her the name of the movie, she batted her eyelashes and said she had no idea, only that she was likely to be cast as "the seductress." Her name, by the way, is Gia Allemand, and she is most certainly not a country girl, unless a country girl can be defined as a 23-year-old aspiring bikini model from Howard Beach in Queens, who recently posed half-naked for Maxim magazine's Web site — I will pause here to allow you to Google the photos — and shows up with her new manager, a man by the name of Horacio Blackwood, in tow.

It should be noted, for the record, that Allemand was not particularly interested in discussing her relationship with Carl Pavano. She would rather forget it ever happened, in the same way Yankees fans would rather forget their own tormented relationship with Pavano ever happened. "We had a bad breakup," she says. "I'm trying not to be mean."

But Allemand is also a firm believer in the inalterable cosmic force known as karma; and this, she says, is what happened with Pavano. Karma caught up with him. Karma dragged him down by his gluteus maximus. "

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Nobody trolls like Boom.

Draft saved Draft deleted