1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chores you hate/chores you love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

To me, it really depends on proximity to other people. I like to do my chores alone -- even without without my earbuds in there's at least some time to think in peace. I'd rather weed on a 100 degree day than empty the dishwasher with someone talking to me every minute.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Now that I have a perfect size yard (takes just under an hour with a push mower) I love cutting grass. And I'm good with laundry except for folding socks. I detest washing dishes.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Super Bowl of Choresuck for me: fixing sprinkler heads. You get soaked, you never have the right replacement head, and you have to bend waaaay down and use a tiny screwdriver to adjust the heads.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Live in an apartment now but even as a kid I loved shovelling the driveway and sidewalks. Only exception was the really wet, heavy snow. Also don't mind doing dishes and weeding my veggie garden was really relaxing.

The one job I fucking hated when I was a kid was cleaning up the dog shit in our backyard. Practically threw up every time.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Would explain some things

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Thats the chore I forgot. Some how I always seemed to be up in the non-existent rotation for picking up dog shit, and with two dogs growing up, one being a labrador, there was always copious amounts of dog shit.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I still have to clean up dog shit. One thing I love about summer is I can just chop it up with the mower every couple weeks. And, luckily, our dog is the world's most considerate pooper. Her turds are small and solid, don't smell too bad for some reason, and dry out pretty quickly. Even when she poops in the house it's just a matter of picking it up and not having to worry about the carpet being stained.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I hate laundry, but when I'm doing it it's fun. I usually do it all at once, where it takes six hours of my day. Throw a wash in, wait, then put it in the dryer and start another. While I wait, I watch TV. Take it out of the dryer and fold, which is great because my high school/college years were spent working at the Gap.
    When I put it all away, it's all sorted by color and shirt type. I iron stuff as I plan on wearing it.
    Dishes are fun too.
    I hate cleaning the shower. Don't get it. I can't see the soap scum, but the Mrs. can. For whatever reason, sweeping and cleaning stuff - especially the toliet - is satisfying. Something about seeing the dirt being wiped away.
    This is going to be my life Thursday. Dreading it now, won't when it's happening.

10. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

I HATE weeding. My flower beds are overrun with weeds right now. Yet I can't force myself to do it. May wind up just paying someone. That's how much I hate it.

I'm also in the don't-like-emptying-the-dishwasher crowd. I don't know why. When I do it, it takes like a minute. But I'll leave clean dishes in the dishwasher for weeks.

There aren't any chores that I like, per se, but I don't mind doing laundry - even the folding. And, as much as I hate weeding, mowing the yard doesn't really bother me. And I prefer to mow with my push mower than with a riding mower.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why don't you mulch?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Stocking the fridge with beer is a pretty good chore.
    Walking the dog is a good one.
    Stringing/tuning guitars is a good one.
    Setting the DVR to record is one I like.

The rest of them suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted