1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chores you hate/chores you love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So you wouldn't eat out Sarah Palin either?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mowing the lawn, I'm OK with.

Mowing the lawn when it's 100ºF, 50% humidity and not a cloud in the sky, sucks.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm good with mowing. My lawnmower has a cup holder that a beer fits into nicely every few laps around the yard.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Are your rates reasonable?

6. My former step mother would ocassionally make me get up before dawn to pick up a backyard full of leaves with my bare hands as some sort of punishment for having been born, stating my dislike of the Aaron Neville Christmas album or not wanting to eat whatever disgusting meal she made the night before. No rake, no gloves, just a boy, a trash bag and the ocassional giant spider or snake. Sometimes the spider would be riding the snake.

It is now wonder I avoid any type of yard work as an adult.

7. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Absolutely love shoveling the driveway, and I live in upstate N.Y. too.

It takes me about half and hour to do a 6-inch job, and I'll even square off the corners and make sure the end is all clear after the plow comes through. And I hate when people ask why I don't have a snowblower. Really? Ruin a perfect snow day with gasoline and a loud engine? No thank you, I'll save that for mowing the lawn, a job I don't mind either.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The same here. I also love being the first out after a big snow. It is just so quiet.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I love laundry. My wife knows better than to even touch it, I've been doing the entire family's for so long and have my own routines.

Yet I hate ironing. Fortunately I don't have many clothes that need it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually like mowing the lawn. I throw on my iPod and listen to music or a podcast or a comedy album and the time flies...

Weeding, on the other hand, sucks major ass.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I love laundry, and I'm very good at it. Dr. J is awful. He shoves clothes in the washer and the dryer, crushes them back in the hamper when they're still damp and leaves them there for days. Ew.

I also like vacuuming, and I like cleaning my bathroom. I won't touch Dr. J's, but I'll clean the one we share.

I refuse to do anything in the kitchen. I don't cook, clean or do dishes. It all creeps me out. If anything happened to Dr. J, I'd live on microwave meals or eat cereal from paper bowls.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Vacuuming is the perfect chore. It "sounds" like you're doing hard work (but you're not). And the results are immediate (as opposed to scrubbing and scrubbing to clean a bathroom).

Draft saved Draft deleted