1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chores you hate/chores you love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you hit oil, you're drilling in the wrong place ...

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I don't mind taking out the trash or washing dishes.

I hate cleaning the bathroom and life in an apartment to avoid any kind of yard work.

3. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Washing the car = relaxing activity on a Saturday afternoon in summer.

Raking leaves = like getting a root canal.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hate cleaning house. I'd rather stick one of those carnivorous earwigs from Star Trek into my ear than clean the house top to bottom. Luckily, my wife feels the same way. A woman she used to work with cleans houses on the side, and my wife decided it was well worth spending a few bucks every month to pay someone to do it. I concurred, especially since the wife offered to pay.

And I enjoy cutting grass. It's not as much fun in the summer, when it's 95 degrees, but it's three hours of quiet time. I fire up the mower, turn on the iPod, and go at it. When it's done, I love the look of a fresh-cut lawn and the sense of accomplishment I get from it.
    I'm not a car guy, I hate to clean the house, if the water heater blows up or a pipe bursts we'll have to hire someone to fix it. But dammit, I can cut the lawn and make the house look pretty.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I enjoy mowing the lawn when I visit the parents, and doing laundry. The reason is kind of odd, but here goes:

It's a finite task. You do it, it's done. It can't be done better or worse, it's just done... which is unlike every story I write. There hasn't been a story yet where I couldn't have done something to make it better.

But with mowing and the laundry, you just do it. And that appeals to me for some reason.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hate cleaning the house and emptying the dishwasher. I am OK with vacuuming.

I love working in the yard and cooking. I also do not mind painting.

Thankfully my wife is the opposite on both of these.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm still trying to figure out what cleaning and oral sex on a Republican have in common. Other than both usually involve wiping down stiff white objects.

I love cleaning. If I don't clean an hour a day, I'm not happy.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Same as BigPern. I like doing laundry, but I hate putting it away. And I hate matching up socks, which in my family, is a fairly long chore.

And I don't mind vaccuming, because it's only a few minutes. Can't stand doing dishes.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thought I was the only person on the planet who hates emptying the dishwasher.

I love vacuuming and working in my yard. Helps that I don't have to mow the grass though.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I've always liked vacuuming. I'm a results-oriented person, and I guess seeing the difference between a dirty and new carpet is motivating.

I always will hate dusting. What a major pain in the ass. That and cleaning the bathroom. There's something about yellow buildup and pubic hairs that disgusts me.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I like doing laundry. Until we moved to our house, I did ever load of laundry for me and Mrs. W in our first 9 years of co-habitation. I also like doing dishes.
    I hate mopping and sweeping.

Draft saved Draft deleted