1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choosing an airline

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, May 3, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wow, I used to like Frontier. Sounds as if their management has swallowed some stupid pills. $2 for a soda? How much you want to be they won't take cash, either.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always liked taking the earliest possible flight, especially in summer. If you can fly out before 7 a.m., the airport is less crowded, lines are shorter and the delays haven't built up yet. In summer, weather delays tend to hit later in the afternoon, too. Fly out early and you avoid a lot of headaches, even if it means sacrificing some sleep.
    As a bonus, you get to your destination earlier and essentially give yourself an extra day there.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Depending on destination you will also be travelling with more business travellers who tend to know how to navigate lines and keep things moving a little better.

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

Southwest is based out of Dallas, not Phoenix. Anyhoo ... as has been mentioned before, avoid Spirit at all costs.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I was one of the few gate agents that would enforce the carry-on rules. Two items, and they better comply.

We had a 5:05 pm flight DCA-PHX on a 757. Sat 190 people on the plane. I was one of the few supervisors that enforced the zone boarding and carry on restrictions. My on time departure was spotless and we rarely had to take bags at the end of the boarding.

But other agents complained I was too mean to the passengers and I was taken off the flight. The on time departures plummeted.

Go figure.

6. Giggity

Giggity Member

Just to reiterate - The Onion agrees with me on this one. http://www.theonion.com/articles/faa-report-spirit-airlines-is-the-fucking-worst,32371/

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

Fly the cheapest and most convenient. Airlines are airlines. They get you from point a to point b. this isn't 1967 when some airlines crashed frequently compared with others.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

WTF? Who drinks water, soda, tea and coffee on a plane?

Draft saved Draft deleted