1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choosing an airline

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, May 3, 2013.

1. maberger

maberger Member

if you're coming from the west and go thru seattle, alaska airlines goes into phoenix. i've always liked them

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Always call your airline before heading to the airport.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They also fly nothing but 737s, which is nice if you're leaving or flying into a mid-sized airport. No small regional jets for certain legs of the flight. My wife is disabled, and having the extra room to maneuver her into her seat is a big reason I won't fly any other airline if I can help it.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jetblue flies a ton out of Richmond, so more direct flights.

5. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Just be aware that Continental's planes are held together by toilet paper.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So you're saying they would be a more exciting flight?

Well thanks guys, as always, I appreciate it. Just wasn't sure if there was any major difference between the airlines, if one was anymore miserable than the other. I know both Air Canada and West Jet fly to Phoenix from Vancouver, the airport I would be flying out of, but both are far more expensive than the Delta flight I'm looking at. Actually the Delta flight is about half of what it would cost me to fly home one province over. If I do it, I think that's the route I will go.

Cheers!

7. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

You want a pilot who smells like cheap gin and Brut.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or like movies with gladiators.

9. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix "Gladiator" or James Marshall and Cuba Gooding Jr. "Gladiator" ... cuz I like both.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The glorious thing about SWA is that they show you taxes and fees up front when comparing flights online.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

First off, where are you flying from? That makes a difference right there. I'm not a big fan of Southwest BUT, I like the idea of my bags flying for free. That's the deal breaker for me.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm a big Southwest fan. I once drove to Amarillo and back because I could get a flight to and from LAX cheaper than from Love Field, even with gas burned. I did the math.

Draft saved Draft deleted