1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choking himself this time: Carlesimo fired as OKC coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The ax fell before the team boarded the plane in New Orleans.

Scott Brooks will take over as interim coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArqBQRpi98Jg4_InZyEQ1v85nYcB?slug=aw-carlesimofired112208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That didn't take long.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Awesome. Screw you, Clay Bennett. [/seattle]

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess he doesn't get another shot as an NBA head guy.

Maybe he can go back to Seton Hall after Bobby Gonzalez goes on a six-state killing spree.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love you for that Ducky.

Hahahahahaha, the Thunder won't win more than 16 games, book it.

By the way, anyone wants to bet on that, I got a c-note backing my claim up.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I knew at least you would appreciate it. :)

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... times infinity. That guy almost makes George Shinn human.

Almost.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

They are sooo bad, I still want to know what was going through Sam Presti's mind when he took Westbrook ahead of anyone other than Rose, Beasley and Mayo. I mean they were all gone at the time but there was still Love, Bayless, Brook Lopez, Augustin anyone of them would have been better than Westbrook. They have Watson at point who can get the job done.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He took a job with a franchise under owners who were hoping to leave town, they suck bad enough so they are able to leave town without a fuss and he gets canned when they continue to suck.
    PJ knew what he was getting into. There are only three types of coaches in the NBA. The Fodder, the time killers who are meant to help develop young talent; the Closers, the guys brought in to help a team go deep in the playoffs; and the Mid-range guys, who tend to lose teams by being too demanding and aren't good enough to get their teams out of the second round.
    PJ was a fodder hire from the start. He'll probably be followed by two more fodder hires (at least).

10. Eight million years of evolution couldn't make George Shinn human.
    Dipshitopithecus.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know. He and Ray Wooldridge are the scum that holds up the scum of the Earth.

12. You're probably right about Westbrook, but Watson is not good. At all.

Draft saved Draft deleted