1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choke on it, AirTran!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 13, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Re: Stay away, AirTran

I once did Cincy-Louisville on a 737.
    12 minutes.

2. Re: Stay away, AirTran

This is too funny. AirTran is suing Midwest under a New York law. The problem is that AirTran set up a shell corporation earlier this month in New York expressly for the purpose of suing Midwest. I hope the judge sees through these assholes.

Midwest has an earnings conference call scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will have a nice profit and then will tell AirTranny to get lost later on in the day.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Suck it, AirTran!

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=557213

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I spoke to a couple Midwest employees the last couple days who believe that even though the AirTran deal probably won't happen, Midwest will wind up being bought out by another airline over the next few years anyway.

Let's hope they're wrong.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Aw, poor AirTran ... literally:

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=1/26/2007&id=17913

6. Norman Stansfield

It was a projected loss, but I can't wait to hear the spin they try to put on it. Especially when Midwest announces a decent profit the day before.

7. Norman Stansfield

Here's the latest:

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/1/2007&id=18232

Additionally, Midwest today switched its Fort Meyers, Fla. route from seasonal to the full year, and extended a couple of routes out West -- including one to San Francisco -- a few more months.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I flew AirTran from Charlotte to D.C. recently and didn't mind it.
    The XM in my armrest didn't work for the first flight, but other than that everything was orderly and on-time.
    That said, I understand Midwest Airlines is a whole different animal with its big seats and mid-flight cookies.
    Haven't had a chance to fly them, but I'd like to.
    I hope they stay independent.

9. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Took a trip from Buffalo to Fort Myers for work back between Christmas and New Year's.... got to experience a couple of different airlines....

Buffalo to Boston to Fort Myers on JetBlue - not bad. The DirecTV was okay, the music was awful, and the seats, eh....

Return trip from Fort Myers to Atlanta to Buffalo on AirTran - yikes. Somehow, they managed to only put 70% of the bags of the people on the flight physically ON the plane in Fort Myers. Then, we waited on the plane in Atlanta while they waited TWO HOURS for a flight that was delayed because there were FOUR people who were on that plane that were on the flight to Buffalo - spent six hours on that damn plane, all told. Which wouldn't have been bad, except for the fact that the seats were jammed together.

Pretty much flown every airline out there now in some form or another.... Like Midwest, Continental & United (shocking, I know). Am okay with (but not crazy about) JetBlue and Northwest. Will never fly Delta, AirTran, America West, USAirways, Southwest or American ever again. I'll pay the damn extra few bucks to not be herded on to an airplane like cattle.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Awww... another setback for AirTran. :'(

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/20/2007&id=19290

11. Norman Stansfield

To quote Gutter,

"Suck it, AirTran!"

12. markvid

markvid Guest

They ain't looking so bad after JetBlue's meltdown, are they?

Draft saved Draft deleted