1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choke? I got your choke right here.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

So, I've been in this 36-hole individual golf tournament the last two days. Stroke play.

FWIW- I turned 76 into a smooth 84 yesterday, courtesy 38 putts, and absolutely went deep with an avalanche of 92 strokes today.

19-year old kid fires an even-par 70 yesterday. Greens at this course are roughly the size of your dining room table, and probably run about as fast.

Kid goes even par 35 on the front, -1 through 4 holes on the back, and proceeds to play the last 4 holes in +5 to lose by 2.

Oh.....the last 4 holes probably cost this kid around $1,500.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Then Chef said to the kid "You can do a lot better sans a toe" and chopped off the big one on the right foot. The end.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Played on Friday with a buddy of mine who hits the ball a ton. There's a 320 yard par four with all sorts of crap in front of the green. He carries the danger and hits the stick with his drive. Has all of a five footer for eagle. Which he misses. And misses the two footer for birdie. Ends up with a par. That's a choke.
  5. Chef

Chef Active Member

That would be the definition of "drive for show, putt for dough".
  6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

the kid choked, no doubt about it.
    how much did he end up winning?
Draft saved Draft deleted