1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chocolate Skittles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sandman, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

Big decision for me tonight and I'm hoping y'all can help.

I like to have something sweet with my mid-shift coffee and most of the time opt for a bag of M&Ms or a cookie from Starbucks.

I was in the breakroom earlier and noticed a new product in the vending machines: Chocolate Skittles. Intrigued, I did a google search and found this -- http://candyaddict.com/blog/2007/10/01/candy-review-skittles-chocolate-mix/.

That's not exactly a vote of confidence, but wanted to see if anyone else has tried them before I plunk down my hard-earned $0.65.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

bite the bullet and take one for the team

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Somewhere Don Rickles is making a joke about Chocolate Skittles.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I liked Chocolate Skittles....back when they were called M&Ms

5. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

They'd probably be more like a tootsie roll, if you think about it. Skittles are a bit chewy, whereas M&Ms are not.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I had them.

They suck. They're awful. They're concentrated fail wrapped in the skin of a substandard candy. They're so bad they should be called Mondales. If you buy a bag, I will hunt you down and kill you.

I've had better.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Meat's recommendation notwithstanding, I don't see how you can pass up this opportunity. If they're good, you're a ground-breaker, a pioneer. If they suck, you're only out 65 cents. Go for it.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That sound you hear is Mystery Meat starting up his car.

9. Sandman

Sandman Member

Bad advice.

They don't belong in the same vending machine.

Anything to get this effin' taste out of my mouth.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You're a real American hero, Sandman. Now I can safely go through life without trying Chocolate Skittles and know I'm not missing anything valuable. If we ever cross paths, the M&Ms are on me. 8)

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

hmmm. It looks like they are just steal Jelly Belly flavors. I loved this line:
    Turning the package onto its back, I see it comes in five flavors: S’mores, Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Caramel, Vanilla and Brownie Batter. **How they consider “Vanilla” a chocolate flavor is beyond me. I’m seeing loopholes already and I haven’t even tasted them yet!**

When I looked at the package, my first thought was 'how is chocolate a vanilla flavor.

12. I reserve my sig line for inspirational quotes and such, but if I didn't, this would be there in a heartbeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted