1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chipper Jones Sandy Hook truther

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The Soap Box: 5 Things I've noticed about... Sandy Hook Hoax Conspiracy Theorists

"What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary on December 14, 2012 is not an easy thing to accept. That day a very mentally disturbed young man murdered his mother, then went to Sandy Hook Elementary School and murdered 26 people, 20 of them young children.

We may never know why he did this, but he did, and it's reality, and it's a reality that the survivors of that massacre, and the parents who lost their children that day and never get to see them grow up have to deal with.

I know that some people don't want to accept this reality, but it is a reality, and the people who believe that it didn't happen need to accept that it did happen. They need to move on and leave the people who lost their loved ones in that massacre alone, and if they can't do that for some reason then they need to seek psychiatric treatment so that they can become able to."

2. Smallpotatoes

They are and they need to accept that it did happen.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What do the truthers want to see to prove it to themselves that it really happened?

Do they need to see forensic photos of the bodies of little kids huddled and piled into the back corner of the classrooms?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Hope it doesn't offend you, but I must say that blog entry is full of contradictory reasoning. As just one example, this sentence:

"Even if they do sincerely believe that the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary didn't happen it doesn't justify their behavior, because they should be taking into consideration that that the massacre there did happen and that what they are doing is very hurtful, but they're not doing so."

Huh? One who "sincerely believes" it didn't happen obviously can't "take into consideration" something they don't believe is true. It's an inherently illogical sentence.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Between Sandy Hook truthers and people who get on Twitter pretending to be a reporter's dead father ... there are some really sick mofos out there. I'll leave it at that.

6. EddieM

EddieM Member

With this, and the vaccine thread, I don't understand the race to blame one side of the political spectrum or the other for stupidity. While everything else might be, ignorance is not partisan. It's widespread.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As a result of some of the work that I've done, I've had to deal with some 9/11 truthers. Some of the most pathetic excuses for human beings that I've ever encountered.

8. Smallpotatoes

The author (and I), as best I can tell, takes the position that anyone who "sincerely believes" it didn't happen is mentally ill and in need of psychiatric help so that is not something they "sincerely believe."

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If that is the author's position then he is an exceedingly poor writer.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Folks who get enraged by this have to remember conspiracy theory is a billion-dollar business.
    Alex Jones's very advertisers are dependent on a moronic public. The dumber and angrier the better.
    He doesn't care if you think he's a stark-raving lunatic.
    All he needs is his next new listener to begin milking for revenue dollars.
    A parasite dies without its host.

Double Down likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticed how all the birthers zipped it the minute "Alberta Ted" Cruz waded onto the scene?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This thread has about 55 responses more than it deserves.

Iron_chet and doctorquant like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted