1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chipper Jones Sandy Hook truther

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

An apology is not enough. He needs to suffer. He should not get into the hall of fame and whomever is employing him now should fire his ass.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You don't need a truther to know Carroll's a gigantic asshole as well.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wait. What?

You want to punish stupidity?

Be careful what you ask for.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Smallpotatoes

It's not stupidity, it's being a piece a shit.
    It's having an opinion that nobody should have any business having.
    If it were up to me, there would be FEMA camps for these assholes.

5. YankeeFan

As fucked up as Jones is/was, you are unhinged, and worse.

Your kind of thinking is -- as I've said before -- liberalism at its core.

You couldn't be more ridiculous if you were a troll, trying to make liberals look bad. You think there are ideas that people should not be allowed to have, and if they do have them they should be put in camps.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Mocking people's grief, calling them actors and liars and saying their kids didn't really die is not an acceptable opinion to have.
    I don't have to tolerate it or respect it. Why should anybody be entitled to have that opinion?

7. YankeeFan

Who says you have to respect it?

You just can't punish thought in America, especially if they are not espousing violence.

8. Smallpotatoes

I know that. That's why I said "If it were up to me."
    No, the government can't and probably shouldn't punish that type of thought, but society should make him pay in some other way. Fire him from his job, stop doing business with him, etc.
    But nobody should ever, ever question whether or not these parents really lost their kids. I don't care how one of them may have acted during a press conference. It is never OK to say "Gee, it looks like he's taking his kid's death just a little too well."
    He deserves the respect of never having his grief mocked or questioned.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm conservative, and I am in favor of camps too. There needs to be a camp for 9/11 truthers, one for Sandy Hook truthers, and a real big one for the anti-vaccine crowd to go and die. And when the anti-vaccine folks get sick, we can give them some time off and let them wander around in the 9/11 and Sandy Hook camps. And no internet access for any of them.

10. YankeeFan

Right. That's why we can never let liberals have full control.

The purge would make Stalin cringe.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think Chipper currently works for anyone, so there's no one to fire him. He made almost $170 million in his career, so he probably doesn't have to work.

12. Smallpotatoes

Yankee Fan, tell me how Sandy Hook Truthers make this society better. It's not as if the government is capable of doing what they say they did, so it's not as if they're playing the role of watchdog or anything like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted