1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chip Kelly Takes Eagle Job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

That is totally not true. Reid had a pretty good reputation and relationship witht eh media.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was definitely the impression I got when I covered stuff there... If that changed in the last two years it wouldn't surprise me...

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

What gave you that impression and please cite examples.

4. Mizzougrad96

You may have misunderstood me... I was agreeing with you... I thought the media there liked him.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given his 26-25 record, I think he'd be happy just to still be employed by Washington. He's not getting $2.5 mil a year for 7-6 seasons and odds are he'll still be looking up at Stanford and Oregon next year.
    But then again, USC has a stiffy for underachieving former assistants.

6. Mizzougrad96

Considering the mess he inherited, I would hope they'd be pretty happy with the job he's done... I don't know what Willingham was doing up there, but for a guy who was once considered to be a pretty decent coach, he almost looked like he was trying to kill the program. I guess, to be fair, Gilbertson was pretty terrible as well...

I just remember toward the end of Willingham's tenure at UW, he looked like a guy who would rather be anywhere else...

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think that's the only time he ever connected with the UDub fan base. They wanted him anywhere else as well. Gilby and Ty always gave Cougar fans hope (even though Sark's performance in this year's Apple Cup was the epitome of Couging It).

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I did misunderstand. I just picked up the yellow flag.

Draft saved Draft deleted