1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chip Kelly Fired...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Dec 29, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Remember, Lurie said he's looking for his next coach to have people skills. Isn't that Pagano's thing? Players' coach and all that?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's such a weird deal this year. Teams starting back-ups (Broncos, Bengals, and Texans) are going to the playoffs, teams with healthy "franchise quarterbacks" (San Diego, Giants, Detroit) might be looking at new coaches.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Did I really see that Duce Staley interviewed for the job?

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Word is that the Bears are interested in Whisenhunt to succeed Gase . That's a terrible idea.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Rooney Rule

BDC99 likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Plus, I imagine it will be met well by the team and the locals. Staley likely has more insight into the players on the roster than anyone and I figure the interview will go a long way in helping the Eagles figure out what they need to do.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Both excellent points.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

49ers just fired Tomsula; as bad as the Kelly year was in 2015, at least the Eagles were trying and Kelly had some good moments;

In a meaningless game, tie game at end of 4th, and 49ers are at the 38, with 2 plays and throw 2 incompletions; well at least a 55 yder right? NO, Tomsula punts it into the end zone. Brilliant!!! That and endless Gabbert throws of 2 yds on 3rd and 8; that was what I got to root for in 2015. I'd take Kelly over that (of course he's too smart to ever come work for York.)

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Don't drink and type.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's almost noon. I would think any team that is going to fire it's coach should have done so by now. With a lot of jobs opening up, teams would be wise to act quickly if they want to get their guy.

EDIT: Colts, Giants and Titans are on the clock.

Draft saved Draft deleted