1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese Toy CEO Hangs Himself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 14, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's just bad, man

I have an extended family member who has been in China the past 3-4 years and he refused to take his wife and children with him because of the way they do things. As in, you say the wrong thing in the presense of the wrong official and they just off you and write a check to your widow. He just retired and returned to the U.S. Got tired of the bysantine protocols that had to be followed.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The lead paint is bad - the child and prison labor used to make Barbies and Tickle-Me-Elmos is even more appalling.

Can't wait for the Olympics next year - should be fun.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not Asian. That is Japanese and Japanese only. The Chinese don't do that and they looked at the Japanese and called them crazy.

No offense, but where in the hell is your friend going? I have never had a problem over there. Is the guy walking around flipping off cops while wearing a "Mao sucks balls" t-shirt? Seriously, I ask because I have been to quite a few places and I have NEVER had a problem with what I said, wore or anything else.

If anything, I got my ass kissed by damn near everyone I met for simply being a foreigner.

Draft saved Draft deleted