1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese to Milwaukee: Buck off!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pastor, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Exactly. They lost to the Knicks. How much lower can a team possibly go?

In all seriousness, what they want is internationally exposed and well known players playing for their team. There is no guarantee that Yi will start on the Bucks. As such, the perception will be that he's not very good.

To this, I say tough shit. However, the government is trying to push the concept of their players improving and be competitive.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

This is Darko, part II. No way it ends well with the Bucks.

3. boots

boots New Member

China has done this before. It's all about money.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'd love to see him head back into the draft, and then wind up being picked by Memphis.

5. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I'd like to see him challenge the legality of the draft. He'd win.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Well, you have a situation where elite Japanese baseball players can pick which big-market team/city with large Asian population to play in. Shouldn't the Chinese government get the same deal with the NBA?

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Too bad San Francisco doesn't have a basketball team. Golden State might be able to work.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Oh, Yi will be a Warriors and Brandan Wright will be playing with the Bucks come the start of the season. Wait and see.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, because the NBA rules aren't set up that way.

10. Back on topic, how dare these dirty commie bastards slander Paris On The Menomonee? No Usinger's for you. No Leinie's, either. No tickets to either the Performing Arts Center or Art's Performance Center across the street. No tables available at Mader's.
    I now have a couple of billion new enemies.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

It seems to me the Chinese side is working this the way they do so many other business deals. Contracts don't have the force they do in the U.S. and other parts of Asia, such as Japan and Singapore. An agreement may be "in place", but the negotiating never ends.

It will be interesting to see how things develop when Chinese baseball players not from Taiwan start filtering into the system. Once they get into the minor leagues, will the Chinese government be able to screw around with their status as they progress? I wouldn't bet against it.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So move the Sonics to Beijing and trade Yi there. Problem solved.

Draft saved Draft deleted