1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese to Milwaukee: Buck off!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pastor, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

SI.com:

Will the Bucks prevent Yi from coming over by not trading him? Do the Chinese honestly think that Yi will improve more playing in regular games in China than in competing for a spot in the NBA?

Also, let's just say that Milwauikee is willing to trade Yi. What teams do the Chinese believe would be most suitable for Yi's development?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Milwaukee to China: Take the rest of the Bucks, except Michael Redd, with you.

3. Mmac

Mmac Guest

It's not about his "development", its really about his future earning potential. As I understand, the Chinese Govt will be taking a nice chunk of whatever Yi makes over here, and he'll be a lot more marketable on the coasts or in a major media market than in Milwaukee.

I do hope the Bucks and NBA take a fuck off hard line position on this--if you don't like what we have to offer Yi can continue to play for peanuts in China--but I doubt it'll happen that way.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Of course the fact that he sucks will seemingly have a greater impact on his marketability than on where he plays.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

This is all setting up for him to be in a Golden State Warriors jersey this fall....

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hey China, why don't ya bend over and I'll shove a couple bucks up yer ass. Use it to buy some food other than rice and maybe make a t-shirt I can wear more than twice.

If the national team and Olympics are so important, why'd you put him up for the draft in the first place. Dickweeds.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And then?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

automobbiiiiiilllee.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And how many games have you watched him play?

11. Mira

Mira Member

I give GM Larry Harris credit for going out on a limb by picking Yi, but if Yi doesn't join the Bucks, it could cost Harris his job at some juncture.

If Yi doesn't play in the NBA this season, it's going to make him look like a wimpy child. Who's going to want his overrated, whiny ass next season?

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Wouldn't he have to sit out three seasons before he's allowed to reenter the NBA draft?

Draft saved Draft deleted