1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese games — the horror stories

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In a thread sure to read by our Chinese government friends, this should be a good place to stick all the bad tales coming out of Beijing.
    I'll start. I was visiting with an AP friend, who said at least one of the writers going to Beijing, had the longest flight ever. Took him 38 hours to get to Beijing.
    Best part?
    Because of the Guild rules, if you volunteer for an Olympic assignment, you don't get paid overtime. So he won't be paid for his travel.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Technically, paying for traveling on a plane is a gray area anyway if you are not working on the plane.

I mean it's your free time, right? You can do whatever you want. Read a book, listen to your ipod, play 18 holes of golf, etc.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How's this for a horror story ... athletes worry there won't be as much partying and hooking up in Beijing as past Olympiads ...

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-Olympics/idUSPEK27865720080805?sp=true

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]
    You! Man who started this thread. Come with me in car now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Cool. I've seen the Olympic Village design over here in London for 2012. Basically, it's a bunch of concrete tower blocks which - once the grass inevitably dies in the sunless British July - will look like something out of the old GDR.

So yeah, despite the shambles our games are going to be, with the fleshpots of the West End so near, we'll beat them on the shagging.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mmmm, West End Girls (as good of a song as any from the 80s).

7. joe

joe Active Member

If the athletes can't fuck like rabbits, the godless commies have won.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Won't someone think of the (unconceived) children?

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The Chinese will no doubt be monitoring this issue. Remember that one kid per household limit.

Draft saved Draft deleted