1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese Democracy: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bostonbred, Nov 21, 2008.

?

After 17 years, Guns N Roses have released Chinese Democracy. So what do you think?

1. Worth (or close to worth) the hype

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Solid effort

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  3. Terrible

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I like it so far. It's Guns n Roses. Sounds like them with some modern industrial watering it down a bit.

2. I don't like the industrial stuff. If I wanted a Nine Inch Nails album, I'd buy one.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Nothing against AC/DC, a band i enjoy, but the above statement about Appetite is wholly true.

4. Better than "Highway to Hell"?

5. prezclinton

I wouldn't buy a Nine Inch Nails album anymore either though. With Teeth was worse than getting a BJ with teeth.

6. I thought Robert Johnson was going to release an album of new material before this clown did.

7. prezclinton

I think they're close. I've seen both in concert, and I wouldn't even feel comfortable saying which was better, but the GNR show was in 2002 and the ACDC one was sometime after. So not like they were in their prime.

8. "Street of Dreams" sounds like a keeper.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm so Pop Culture Ignorant that I was expecting an entirely different topic when I clicked on this.

10. prezclinton

Couple of these songs make me think the FUBU and cornrow influence is finally there.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I just want my free Dr Pepper.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

pick the best material on the two and yes. but there was a lot of filler.

Draft saved Draft deleted