1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China's One-Child Policy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thanks for making a difference.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He gets it. What he's saying is that nobody cares that Chinese women do not have a right to choose.

3. TheSportsPredictor

I guess he'd be wrong. YankeeFan cares. I care. Others care.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I get that the "Pro-Choice" movement would like to frame it that way. And, for most folks, that's how they truly feel.

But, for Big Abortion, and for the folks most active in fighting for abortion rights, this just isn't true. It's an industry.

So, they don't speak out against Kermit Gosnell. It hits too close to home.

But, they also don't fight for women who are coerced into having an abortion by their boyfriend, husband, in-laws, or others.

Women who want to keep their baby have abortions every day in America, because they are pressured into it. They are threatened with being cut off financially or emotionally.

And, while it might not be as brutal as it is in China, it goes against anything "Pro-Choice" folks supposedly stand for.

Yet, I've never heard them make an issue of it.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

To the left, a woman who wants to have an abortion and is talked out of it is a victim, but a woman who wants to have the child and is talked out of it is a hero and a pillar of strength.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Or they're both just human beings trying to make a difficult decision.

7. So writes a guy who couldn't get a woman to want to have his child.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Fixed.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Quite amusing that you think your bitter, hatred-filled posts are a bad reflection on somebody else.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure the Chinese government comes out looking the worst on this thread.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, that escalated in a hurry.

On another note, China is shooting itself in the foot economically with this policy. Long-term, you have a child-replacement rate like it does, and someday you're Italy.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Planned Parenthood and NARAL DID speak out against Gosnell

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report-bret-baier/blog/2013/05/13/planned-parenthood-statement-gosnell-conviction

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/13/naral-gosnell-murders-are-result-of-antichoice-attacks-on-abortion-access/

Women FORCED to have an abortion? That's interesting, coming from the side that wants to make it mandatory for parents, husbands and boyfriends to be notified, and in some states, to give consent, for an abortion.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts/women_who.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.