1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China bans Olympic athletes from bringing a Bible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 5, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hasn't stopped you (or any other country) from trading with them.

The Olympics is the Liza Minnelli of sporting events.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

That's a sweet, pretty, neatly wrapped accusation ... with nothing in the box.
    Actually Junior you're accusation is ignorant because of its lack of information and knowledge. I've become very conscious of my spending habits and have become more and more educated about where various products come from. I've simplified my life on several levels and when the youngest son is out of the house in two years we'll simplify even more.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

21 just got a cold chill and has no idea why

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm an anti-theist, but I do have a problem with a government entity blocking access to information (if this story is indeed true).

But boycott them for this? No way.

You boycott them for the human rights abuses. I really wonder if any country has the balls to do this.

5. Is it time to bring back The Olympic Project For Human Rights?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

After Canada, China's the US.'s largest trading partner. Try buying a "Made in US" cellphone.

Where do you think Wal-Mart buys their crap? For your information if Wal-Mart were a country it'd be China's 8th largest trading partner.

And I'm so happy that you're becoming an informed consumer but you're about 15 years too late coming to that party.

If you simplify your life to the point where you buy no "Made in China" goods, you'll be living in a cardboard box and communicating by smoke signal.

But I'm glad to see you're "educated" about international trade.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Could not possibly disagree more... not if you were BYH bloviating on the wonder of MLB's payroll structure.

8. Simon_Cowbell

"toilet"... "rectified"... hehehehe

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I love the Masters but the music, the shots of the azaleas, the announcers droning on and on as if they were talking about the Second Coming---it's one GIANT cliche. And a tired one at that. It's a fuckin' golf tournament, folks

10. Simon_Cowbell

No.

It's much, much different than that.

For me, it is the most vibrant visual evidence of the end of winter... and it DOES look like what I might imagine a golf course in heaven to look like.

Man punted Baxter.... whale's vagina... Agree to disagree.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree. I'll just watch the tourney with the mute button at the ready.

Saccharine, pretentious crap.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, when it comes to the Olympics, the only rights up for discussion are the television ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted