1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childhood favorites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dargan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yep. You got it. I've preferred brunettes since a very young age.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

That is my list, by the way. Plus The Adventures of Pete and Pete (terrible, terrible show, I found out after watching the series last year), Doug and all the shows I still watch today: Boy Meets World, Saved By The Bell, Fresh Prince, In Living Color, Married With Children, Home Improvement, etc.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Melanie from Hey, Dude was excellent back then, and she's gotten even better.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

How could I forget Doug?

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Wait. Adventures of Pete and Pete is bad? Since when? Compared to the shows you trumpet, TAoPaP is The freaking Wire.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Doug was good. Better than the other Nick cartoons of its time. Later on, I believe Rocko's Modern Life ended up being better.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Go watch it again. It's terrible.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

I remember thinking that the Nosferatu episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" was the scariest thing in the history of TV.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The original Doug was much better than ABC's version, too; ABC used different art and voices. It was terrible. Mr. Dink wasn't Mr. Dink any longer.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I only remember Zeke the Plumber.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Zeke was Salute Your Shorts. Good stuff, though.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

More of my faves:

Salute Your Shorts; Hey, Dude; Are You Afraid of the Dark?; Weird Science; Darkwing Duck; Animaniacs; Pinky and the Brain; the original Power Rangers; TMNT; The Adventures of Pete and Pete; Guts!; Double Dare; Doug; The Rugrats; Catdog; Angry Beavers; Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?; Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers; Mario Bros.

I'm sure i'll think of more later.

Draft saved Draft deleted