1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childhood favorites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dargan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You'll wash it afterward, right? Because there's no greater tragedy than a once-used spork.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sig alert.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Of course"? Like no one else would craft that.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Damn, forgot Ultra Man... god me and my brother loved that show

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't remember Starblazers. I do remember Thundar, the Barbarian. That seemed like pretty intense show.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Covering football. Lots and lots of football. Possibly some soccer mixed in. And I'd give you my computer (because it's four-years-old) if I could get a legitimate replacement. ;D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nah. I'll just whistle the theme from Doug instead.

I'm naming my first son Porkchop.

8. Thundarr the Barbarian. Had a colleague back in the day in Dothan and we'd often reference "Ookla, the Mock" and chuckle while our colleagues looked on in bewilderment.

Of course like KYSportsWriter I truly dug "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" though it was on when I was in my early 20s. Had a girlfriend at the time who was an elementary school teacher and she watched it. It remains a brilliant show so much that I found the run on DVD last year and bought it. After all, what other show had great guest stars like Iggy Pop, Michael Stipe, Kate Pierson and Syd Straw! The theme, too, by Polaris, is fabulous.

As for Rocko? Sheer utter genius. I've got my three-year-old kid watching it now and he adores it.

Draft saved Draft deleted