1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childhood favorites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dargan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

I thought it'd be interesting to see some of the favorite childhood shows of SJ Nation.

Here are some of mine to start us off ...

David the Gnome

Fraggle Rock

Bravestarr

DinoRiders

Cities of Gold

And who could forget ... the one ... the only ...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I watched the David the Gnome intro not too long ago and thought, "I really watched this?" And, like so many other shows, Fraggle Rock is a ringtone of mine.

And I was, and still am, Michelangelo.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

I thought the same thing when I recently rediscovered David the Gnome. But how can you beat the lyrics, "Trolls, and wizards, and fairy kings/Birds that talk and fish that sing."

I always liked Raphael. I liked his color the best because it was our hometown school's color. Plus he was sarcastic. I thought he was the coolest thing on TV.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fraggle Rock, David the Gnome, Gullah Gullah Island and Ghostwriter to name a few.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who pops up on here with a clip of Pinwheel, and I'm putting you on blast. Immediately.

Don't care how cool you come across. Don't care if you're not supposed to talk about the little button. Pinwheel is the stuff serial killers watch.

As for the stuff that was great, well.... Tiny Tunes, Hanna-Barberra cartoons (Grape Ape, Captain Caaaaaaaveeeemaaaaaannnn!); He-Man, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains It All, Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids. All were great.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

(point: I've never heard of this show in my life)

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Some obscure and, in restrospect, horrible, stuff I loved (and I KNOW there are others here in my age group):

Gigglesnort Hotel

Anybody else see Dusty's Treehouse?

(no video anywhere) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty's_Treehouse

New Zoo Review

And finally, I offer you Sigmund and the Sea Monsters:

That and the whole acid-fueled Krofft universe (Bugaloos, Land of the Lost, Far Out Space Nuts, Doctor Shrinker). Some cable channel replayed this stuff a few years ago, and it was unbefuckinglievable how horrendous Sigmund was.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Pinwheel's the first show I remember watching. I was sitting at my old house -- the first one I remember -- laying on my stomach after kindergarten, watching that glorious pinwheel spin in the wind. It was glorious.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

I had such a crush on that brunette chick from Salute Your Shorts. The Tiny Toons movie is awesome, too.

And I'm still laughing about your Pinwheel comment.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You're nuts.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Her?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Same here. First one I remember watching, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted