1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child rapist allowed to run afterschool program

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And he strikes again, a 7-year-old girl. Background checks on volunteers in New Jersey are recommended, not required.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-12/1233638766158180.xml&coll=1

Words cannot express my disgust.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Wow, just wow. How in the fuck does this happen? Just disgusting.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Why is 15 years the most this bastard can get?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

must be obama's fault.

5. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Is that the minimum or the max? Christ, I hope not the max, because there's no range given in the story (says he faces a March sentencing). Regardless, he should be in jail for as long as the little girl remembers what he did to her. Let him rot.

6. old_tony

I'm wondering -- since the story said he pleaded guilty -- if he got to plead to a lesser charge. I imagine they didn't want to put the girl through the trauma of a trial. But still ... you just gotta think they could have found a way to put him away for more than 15 years.

7. old_tony

Pay attention, tomas! Nothing is ever Obama's fault.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

first, let's wait and see if he starts killing thousands and thousands of innocent women children thanks to our tax money. let's hold reservation until then ... is that fair?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

As horrifying as this is, what's even worse is that it wasn't brought to the public's attention right away.....and no one has explained why.

This happened more than a year ago, the sicko was indicted in August and parents were only notified last week, after he pleaded guilty. And they were told by the newspaper, not by the school or by the school board. Whatever the excuse happens to be, it won't be good enough.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure his fellow inmates will make those 15 years count by coming up with additional punishments fitting his crime.

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Volunteer background checks are recommended, but not required... wow.. i needed a background check just to accompany my daughter on Girl Scout outings... if you want to work with kids, belly up for fingerprints dammit!

12. old_tony

One can hope.

Draft saved Draft deleted