1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child neglect blamed on internet/video games?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 16, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, sorry if this is a DB...but man, this one makes me sick.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070716/ap_on_re_us/neglect_internet_addiction

Scumbag couple in Nevada nearly allowed their two children, a 22-month-old boy and 11-month old girl to starve to death and said they were too busy playing games online. The 11-month old girl was down to 10 pounds and they had to shave her head because it was "matted with cat urine."

Maximum sentence is 12 years. Fine. Just add whatever surgery is needed to sterilize these fuckers on top of that and make sure they never see their children again and it will be enough.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Jeebus, he's 22 months old, isn't that old enough to get his own damn food, take his own bath and take care of his sister. For fuck's sake, do I have to do everything for these kids!?!?!

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Saw this story.

First, I had no idea Dungeons and Dragons was still played.

Second, as my wife and I try to no avail to have a kid, every story like this is just one more knife to the back from God. These ignorant, worthless pieces of shit can plop out two but I can't get one. Seems fair.

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Dog,
    I've known several couples who are healthy, kind, loving people who had a difficult time making a baby, only to have spend thousands of dollars on medical procedures or decide to adopt.
    Yet, people like these have no problems spitting out a couple of kids they obviously don't want.
    I can certainly understand why someone in Dog's position would start to wonder about God's will and plan for their lives when these things happen. I definitely don't believe God is punishing you, but that's easy for me to say from where I sit. I'm not in your shoes but I know it must be painful to ask those questions.
    Dog, I've been through this with several people and I've learned some powerful lessons through those experiences. If I can be of any help to you please PM me.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know about this. I mean, have any of you played any Tony Hawk game? Boy, are they addicting. I say get rid of the cat. Obviously the cat is the problem, not the parents. ...

Any takers on these two idiots getting their kids back with almost no problem? A friend of mine works in social services and deals with cases similar to this one all the time -- albeit, more for drugs -- and usually, in her experiences, the families are reunited. It's pretty sick.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

"Everyone wants to talk about video games, and movies but what about this.....What ever happened to crazy? Is crazy not even in the dictionary any more? What, you can't be crazy any mo'"
    Chris Rock

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mandatory sterilization. That is all.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You forgot NEVER LET THEM NEAR THE TWO KIDS THEY ALREADY MADE AGAIN!

Damn, this thing pisses me off. I won't even tell the wife about it, because she'll get pissed, too.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Yeah, I know what you mean out of place.
    A lot of devoted moms will be tempted to drive to whereever these parents live, hit them over the head with a ballpeen hammer, steal the kids away, go on the lam and love on them for the rest of their lives.
    That might be the best solution here. It beats social services and beaurocratic red tape.

Draft saved Draft deleted