1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiefs trade Allen to Vikings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 22, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Given his alcohol issues, this may turn out ugly. Helluva player though.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Chiefs seem to be heading in the right direction.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh, no. I'm talking about the Chiefs hoping Chris Long slides to No. 5, as the replacement to Allen.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Raiders would be dumb enough to pass on The Ultimate Raider Legacy so Al Davis can get his Darren McFadden (HEISMAN RUNNER-UP, AL!!!!) prize, and thus have five running backs under contract. Of the group of on-the-mend Michael Bush and the contracts of LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes and Justin Fargas, which would YOU trade for?

Ugh.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

True, but I think he's gotten past them. I'd be very surprised if his new contract doesn't have a clause about it.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't see Long sliding past the Raiders at 4, assuming the Rams don't take him at 2.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I think the Raiders will go for Gholston, but I could be wrong.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

If only clauses could keep one's demons at bay.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think he's figured out how not to get a DUI. I don't know that he's sober.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Damnit! I really need to start paying attention. Don't mind me; that's twice today.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I'm beyond stunned that the Chiefs are actually trying to build through the draft.

12. If Davis is dumb enough to pick McFadden over Long, Chiefs should gladly take Long and hope he terrorizes Russell twice a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted