1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiefs make a hire: Todd Haley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon, Feb 6, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Rest assured, as fanboy looser of KC, I'm stoked about this hiring. :)

2. pallister

pallister Guest

If nothing else, Pioli and Haley have great pedigrees, and Pioli has had more success in a handful of years than most GMs will in a lifetime. If I was a Chiefs fan, I'd be pretty happy.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This guy is Bruce Coslet with better hair.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OUCH!!

Hey, the guy's never been a head coach, taking over a team with probably bottom five talent across the board. Gotta give him AT LEAST three years before rushing to judgment.

All the Cassel love reminds me of Scott Mitchell back about 15 years ago.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I will give the Chiefs credit for this: they are a step ahead of the Raiders, who apparently selected NONE OF THE ABOVE on their coaching search.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was hoping the exact same thing. The problem is, Pioli hires any of those coaches and the team gets turned around, they get the credit. If Haley turns the team around, Pioli looks like the genius and takes the credit.

7. Herm Edwards was the worst coach in the NFL.

How can people ignore the fact that in his 3-years in KC he took his team from 9 wins to 4 wins to 2 wins this year. ZERO wins was up next for the Chiefs in 2009 with Edwards as the coach. Edwards made Rich Kotite look like Chuck Knoll in comparison.

8. Mizzougrad96

Herm stopped caring. That was very apparent. I'm guessing if his TV gig goes well (I think it will), we'll never see him on a sideline again.

9. Are you saying he didn't play to win the games?

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Carl Peterson had more to do with that than Herm.

11. Mizzougrad96

Everyone knows how tight he and Dungy are and from what I heard after Dungy's kid killed himself, Herm had more and more trouble being away from his family.

I always really liked Herm, even though I always thought he was highly overrated as a coach.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Who is this Chuck Knoll that you speak of? Surely, he does not have accomplishments on the same level as Chuck Noll.

Draft saved Draft deleted