1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiefs make a hire: Todd Haley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon, Feb 6, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Didn't mind it at the time, but he was in a no-win situation. He had little to no chance of winning in KC.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Arizona's going to value their QB of the future a lot higher than a tight end who said he only has a couple of playing years left. No way they make that trade straight up.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It wouldn't be straight up (even without a draft pick or another player thrown in) because Leinart is making about 50 percent more a year than Gonzo. If they do Gonzalez plus a late-round pick, I'd think AZ would at least consider it.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

They probably would, but as someone stated earlier, I don't think he has much of a desire to play. And therefore, I don't see him as much of an upgrade over Thigpen.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not an upgrade, but certainly good enough to compete for the job and enough to push Thigpen.
    Again, this might be Chiefs' fanboi fantasy land talking here. Just a thought.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'm going to hold you to that.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The way you said it suggested that the Chiefs made a bad hire because he had no head coaching experience. We probably eventually got to the same point, but we disagreed on the semantics.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in the minority of the Chiefs' fans here but I was actually hoping Pioli would keep Herm to finish out his contract with the 2009 season.

Then can him and make a major play for one of the Class of 2010 (Shanahan, Holmgren, Billick, Cowher). I was willing to sacrifice 2009 for a real shot at one of those coaches.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're a Hermite!

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Another ballboy turned coach. At least Haley wasn't in his 20s like Mangini.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is Haley the coach of the Chiefs if Carolina doesn't turn the ball over 27 times?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Leinart stinks. You'd be better off with the corpse of Bill Kenney.

I'm guessing he's still alive, but you get my point.

Draft saved Draft deleted