1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chiefs Hire Charlie Weis As New O-Coordinator

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 6, 2010.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Of course, Scott Pioli would be the first guy to hire him.

I figured this deserves it's own thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4802526

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Not bad. The Chiefs' offense can't get any worse, and Weis was bound to land somewhere in the NFL.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How much begging was involved?

4. mb

mb Active Member

As a Denver fan, I'm upset that the Chiefs will now have a DECIDED SCHEMATIC ADVANTAGE.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Lots of deluxe eats in the area.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I understand the familiarity aspect for him, but I really thought he'd wait for something better than just an o-coordinator gig. Maybe he doesn't think one's coming/deserved.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who in the hell was going to hire him as a head coach? Everybody saw how he ran a program, left to his own devices. :eek: :eek:

He wasn't going to get an OC gig, either, except inside the big tent of the Belichick family.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're Todd Haley do you take this as a vote of confidence? Haley's experience as an OC makes me think this wasn't his idea. Throw in bringing in Romeo Crennell and I'd start feeling like a third wheel if I was Haley.

9. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Give it a year to cool off and someone in the NFL would've been after him. They still will after a year with this job, regardless of how average the Chiefs are next season with his presence.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Unless Haley decided too much was on his shoulders, calling the plays all season after firing the OC a week before the season began. And it having someone take that burden off him will make him a better coach, then it's well worth it.

11. Why in the name of all that his holy would anybody hire him as an NFL head coach? I don't even know, at this point, why you'd want him as an offensive coordinator. With Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate and Michael Floyd in the same offense, this is how many times Notre Dame scored more than 40 points in a game the last two seasons: 2. Same as Northwestern. Same as Mississippi State.

Good luck, Chiefs, winning while rushing for about 2.3 yards per carry.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Corrected, slightly.

Draft saved Draft deleted