1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chief Dicks cracks down on saggy pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jul 9, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo sounds like those old geezers from the 1950's who were screaming that Rock'NRoll meant the end of civilization and that comic books were written by the devil.

Every generation has its scolding Aunt Nellies. Hondo's ours.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The fashion is undoubtedly stupid. But making it criminal...?

This isn't criminal, it is just poor fashion. But that isn't my choice.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'd like to outlaw muffin tops.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't really care how someone chooses to dress.......if they want to look like idiots, fine with me. But don't start bitching about not being able to get a job.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It is so worth it to click the link and watch the "interactive graphic" to the right side of your screen, underneath the photos. :)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This was one of the comments attached to the article:

MAN...THIS ONE IS TOUGH..YOU SEE I AM AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO TELL US WHAT TO DO AND HOW WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO IT..LAST I CHECKED THIS WAS A FREE COUNTRY...ON THE OTHER HAND I THINK THE P[EOPLE THAT ARE SAGGIN ARE IDIOTS AND WANNABE'S..IT'S ALMOST LIKE IF YOU WERE A DRUG DEALER YOU WOULDN'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW IT..SO YOU WOULD ALWAYS DOWNPLAY DRUG DEALIN..YOU WOULDN'T TRY TO GRAB ATTENTION TO YOURSELF..DON'T FLAUNT ASSESTS...AND YOU PROBALY WOULD BE O.K......FAKE DRUG DEALERS OR SO CALLED BALLERS ARE THE ONES THAT GO BUY THE S.U.V. WITH 26'S ON IT ..FLASHY CLOTHES...DIANMOND'S EVERYWHERE(CUBIC ZARCONIA)..AND THERE ARE JUST WANNA BE'S....JUST LIKE THIS SAGGY PANTS ORDEAL...REAL GANGSTER'S DO NOT WANT POLICE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE SO THEY TRY TO CONCEAL ANY THING THEY CAN.....WANNA BE GANGSTERS ARE THE ONES SAGGY PANTS BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOCIETY HAS CLASSIFIED THIS AS GANGSTER OR ..JUST BEING IN...LAST TIME I CHECKED IT'S HARD TO RUN FROM THE COPS WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN TO YOUR ANKLES

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe DHS should round up all the guys in business suits?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Fetch me a beer, newbie.

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

This is too easy.

Parents in the 90s thought rap and grunge rock was the end of the world as we know it. Parents in the 80s thought hair bands and the beginning of hip hop was the end of the world as we know it. Parents in the 70s thought Led Zeppelin, disco and those goddamn blacks in Motown singing about sex was the end of the world as we know it. Parents in the 60s thought it was the Beatles; in the 50s, it was rock 'n' roll in general. All the way back to the 20s, when those damned flappers were ruining the country.

Guess what? You're old and you don't like the things the young generation now likes. It happens. I don't like half the music that comes out now and I'm in my twenties. But just as the fashions of the old days were thought to be straight from the devil (bikini's and women in skirts? MY GOD!), adults now days think everything the younger generation does is causing the end of America.

It's like this with every damn generation. The idea that you're too old to realize that means that, well, you're old.

If you can't see the difference between not liking people walking around with their pants below their ass and making a law to stop it, you're not old, you're an idiot. Of course, given the fact that you've already demonstrated millions of times on this board that if it doesn't fit your line of thinking/acting, it should be illegal, this thread is par for the course with you, your highness.

10. How did that lede get in a paper?!?!?!?!

(A paper not the Trentonian?!?!)

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I swore in my younger days I would never, ever take issue with the younger crowd's fashion when I got older, which is a pretty good policy considering I grew up in the 70s and 80s.

Didn't want to be like the older crowd who couldn't understand what my youth was about. Said to myself that would be a sure sign I would be getting old and not 'with it'.

Well, have done just fine until the baggy pants. But, sorry, that's just damn silly. Not criminal. Just silly. And damn uncomfortable looking as well--does it require some sort of physical balancing act to require the pants to hang just low enough, but not actually fall to one's ankles.

So, dammit, I must be old. But, at least I know how to wear my pants. :)

12. Sorry, but what little 15-year-old mentality I have left couldn't get past the lead of this story.

Quote:
    Flint residents now have to watch their butts because Police Chief David Dicks is on the lookout.

That's right Flint residents. Watch yer butts, cause Dicks is on the lookout.

Heh, heh. Heh, Heh. He said butts and dicks.

Settle down, Beavis.

Draft saved Draft deleted