1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chief Dicks cracks down on saggy pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jul 9, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo is a miserable middle aged white guy who rants and raves about anything that offends his suburban middle class sensitivities. He probably lives in a gated community but you know, tips the security guard generously.

It appears he covers golf for a living so I'm not surprised he hates skateboarders, Muslims, punk kids, kids with tats and/or pierces and oh, pretty much anyone who doesn't wear polo shirts, Dockers and probably white shoes. He and his buddies sit around the clubhouse whining about the illegal immigrant problem .

He's the Ugly American writ large. If he went to France he'd likely complain that the waiter was rude because he didn't speak English.

2. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I honestly cannot believe someone here is taking up for Dicks and this cheesedick law he's trying to pass.

No sagging pants? What the fuck is this, middle school?

Every time hondo posts, I get more and more scared about the direction of this country. I pray every night there aren't enough hondos to ruin this country. Sadly, judging by the last eight years, I think my prayers are falling on deaf ears.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm afraid you're right, CJ.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'm not validating hate for people who aren't like me. I just don't like looking at other guys' underwear. I spent 13 years in the public grade school system doing that.

5. CollegeJournalist

I'm still trying to figure out how the way someone else wears their pants affects you.

I think people with pink/green/blue hair look like idiots. But it's not my business. It's their hair. I also don't like old men who let their chest hair hang out of the collar of their shirts. But that doesn't mean that should be illegal.

Likewise, it's not your business how anyone wears their pants. Jesus, I don't see how some of you make it through life if you're this aggravated by the way someone else dresses. Settle down. It'll make you live longer.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're under arrest for suspicion of saggy pants, CJ.

7. CollegeJournalist

Damn. This oughta be fun to explain to the missus.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If my questioning of where civility and manners and consideration for other people went means you're scared of the direction of this country, then we're going to hell in a handbasket a lot quicker than I thought. It's the height of irony that you and others turn that around into a crisis, when I can submit that it are those very things -- obscene fashion trends, loud and profane music straight from the gutter, public profanity and immoral behavior -- which are the crisis. And by the way, Massachusetts police say citations for public sex on beaches such as Provincetown have tripled in the past few years -- but you probably think that's a case of the cops being the sex police and not understanding that people want to screw each other in front of families who simply want to go to the beach.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Find anything I've posted in this thread that can remotely be described as racist. Nice card to play but it won't wash.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hondo, you need to get laid. Stat.

Relax. The crumbling of a country does not start with baggy pants. You sound ridiculous.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Uh ... someone mentioned sound ordinances for loud car stereos: Yeah, that's happening in my neck of the woods.

If a car stereo is heard from 75 yards away, it's grounds for citation.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I'm not on board with the baggy pants thing, as long as there are boxers. If I'm seeing butt crack, yeah. Definitely indecent exposure.

Loud car stereos? Expand the noise ordinances for these prize packages. I'm sick of not being able to hear my own music in my own car --- with the windows rolled up --- at a stoplight with some jackass' bass-laden bullshit rattling every window within 15 feet.

(poetic justice, I suppose, that one of these bass-thumping jackasses drives by my window as I type this)

Draft saved Draft deleted