1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chief Dicks cracks down on saggy pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080709/NEWS06/807090390

This never would have happened if the Flint Tropics hadn't blown town for Bogalusa.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

On June 27, the chief issued a departmental memorandum telling officers: "This immoral self expression goes beyond freedom of expression."

I'd love Chief Dickhead's chances in court with this one.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thank God someone has the guts to stand up for common decency. And the sagging pants thing isn't just a clothing or fashion fad ... it comes straight out of prison. And no one should have to look at your freaking underwear. Fuck the civil liberties crowd. That's a bullshit smoke screen against dressing and acting like you didn't crawl up from the gutter.

Next: let's start enforcing noise violations on those fucking loud car stereos.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Great idea but my guess is it's going to lead to lawsuits.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Way to go there Mr. Conservative.

Ask for more government supervision.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hmm, I'm sure banning baggy pants is going to help cleanup Flint. ::)

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, the ethos doesn't have to be coherent, so long as it validates hate for people who aren't like you.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't hate these people. I only think they should conduct themselves a little better in public. Quit taking slobs and trying to turn it into a personal freedom issue.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That story had the best lead I've seen in a while.

"Flint residents now have to watch their butts because Police Chief David Dicks is on the lookout."

I just pulled my pants a little lower just for you. Oh, and on my way out of here I am totallly going to blast the radio and drive really slowly past an old folks home.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

What does ones conduct have to do with how their pants are worn?

I guess you must be one of the lucky ones who have the ability to read someone by their decorum.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

DAMN KIDS!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then you'd be a dickhead, like the rest of the inconsiderate bastards who think the whole world wants to hear their music and see their underwear.

Draft saved Draft deleted