1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chick-fil-A PR goes Rogue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Truett Cathy walks on water. He invented the single greatest food item in the history of mankind -- the original Chick-fil-A sandwich. Nothing else matters. :D

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm pretty sure you read that wrong, but I'm not positive.

Saying "I could give less than a fuck if the food's good" would lead me to believe that hondo wouldn't go there regardless because of the preaching.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If they're old enough to sit at the table, they are old enough to eat.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Seek help.
    Now.
    Seriously.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like I said, I don't think anybody should shocked by this. CFA's Christian-ness isn't hidden. CFA sponsors these leadership forums ... http://www.chick-fil-aleadercast.com/ ... which basically consist of people doing some soft-sell preaching.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Time to paraphrase what I said on Twitter.

I have gay friends and fundamentalist friends. Can't I eat Chick-Fil-A, shop at Target, piss everyone off and call it a day?

7. printit

printit Member

Would those who are boycotting Chick-fil-A be OK with Republican led boycotts of companies that tend to lean left politically? (Ben and Jerry's, etc) How about if the right boycotted anyone that advertised on a show they didn't like. (Daily Show, etc.)

8. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

You can be Christian without openly supporting and actively working for laws that restrict the rights of others because of their sexual orientation.

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I've known right-wingers who have boycotted Valero gas stations (because they mistakenly believed Hugo Chavez owned it) and Target (because they mistakenly believed it was owned by a French company).

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They already do it and make no bones about it.

Plus they're always all about "consumers making their choices in the free market," then they always get huffy when consumers decide to do precisely that.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Funny, because a simple Google search would have showed Citgo as the close-enough answer as it's owned by Venezuela.

12. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Agreed. Facts are funny things.
    Such as the one aimed at JC Penney for hiring Ellen DeGeneres as a spokesperson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.