1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chick-fil-A PR goes Rogue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ahem, 16.

(Or at least pretending to be.)

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Many, many moons ago, when I was still in sports journalism, I went with a friend and her grandfather to an afternoon Atlanta Braves game. Her grandfather invited a couple of buddies from Atlanta to meet up with us. Turns out they were muckety mucks at Chick-fil-A. One was, of all things, the firms' corporate chaplain. As long ago as that was, I've never encountered another corporation with an official corporate chaplain!

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In the false equivalence department:

http://michaelgraham.com/archives/the-imam-who-inspired-menino-rsquo-s-mosque-lists-the-many-ways-to-kill-gays/

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Their food's very good. Too bad their upper management is so reactionary and small.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I could give less than a fuck if the food's good. I don't ask for someone's party affiliation or stance on social issues when I go to their establishment. No one else should.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'll never eat there again.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Glad to hear you'd theoretically patronize a restaurant if the owner advocated for the legalization of pedophillia. It's all about the food.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This information came to light when the CEO was interviewed by Baptist Press.

That said, I don't know anybody who should be shocked by this news. CFA is closed on Sundays for church for crying out loud.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom works at Hobby Lobby, which closes on Sunday. But at least they soften it with "so our employees can spend time with their families."

It was the coming out as saying "guilty as charged" and calling gays "arrogant" that cooked Cathy's goose. Not being closed on Sundays. Closing on Sundays is a business decision. Openly stating that you are against civil rights for a portion of your customer base is a bad decision.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We don't need another Penn State thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.