1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicagoan rents apartment for Playboy collection

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That is one dedicated dude woman.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/peggy-wilkins-playboy-hef-hugh-hefner-playmate-database/Content?oid=1384687

(Somewhat NSFW photo on link. Topless model with back to camera.)

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

An illustration that adds about zero to the story (not that there's anything wrong with it).

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice to see that it's a woman with the Playboy collection. That's a nice twist.

I guess she won't need a walk-in closet to store the Kleenex then.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How the heck did you come across this? This is the free weekly that comes out every Thursday. It's best known for its music listings, classifieds, and Dan Savage's advice column (which was a doozy this week).

I picked it up at a deli today during lunch & this was the cover story. Can't say it held my interest.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Romenesko had a link to it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ah. Chicago (Evanston) guy. That explains it.

He's also the webmaster of starbucksgossip.com.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had 15 years of Playboys. I let the subscription lapse when I got engaged. I sold off a bunch and made quite a bit of money, but I recently dumped a couple hundred issues in the garbage. I did the same thing with my 25-year collection of Sports Illustrateds.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm sure the person with the entire Omni Magazine catalog is sitting on a goldmine.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010604449.html

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've been a subscriber since December, 1980 (the Lennon interview) and have boxes of Playboys in the basement. I am in the last year of my sub, I've had it with the mag, it's been in free fall for several years and I've had it with the lameo pesudo celebrity pictorials, too-short interviews with interesting subjects, space wasted on guys like Chad Kroger and ESPN The Mag-type graphics.

I hadn't thought of Omni in years. I knew some guys who read it in high school. They used to have cool covers.

Draft saved Draft deleted