1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Sep 5, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh, hell yes. If not here, you must get an Italian beef sandwich from somewhere. More than deep dish or tricked out hot dogs, this is Chicago eating at its finest.

2. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Maybe Bueno Beef. But do Al's so you get that Taylor Street, Little Italy ambiance.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You need to get home, Granny girl.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Oh, and whilst your on Taylor Street, stop by the Italian-American Sports Hall of Fame and the Joe DiMaggio Plaza at Taylor and Bishop. It's pretty neat.

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I know. I know. There in July and want to go back already.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ah. Didn't know that, I went there the year it opened. That had to be quite a construction project to reduce the slope, wouldn't you pretty much have to rebuild the section?

7. Rambler

Rambler Member

They've really made some terrific improvements to the ballpark. I hated it when they first put it in but in recent years they've lopped off around seven rows of the upper deck and put a roof over it (it's really more intimate now), added a fan deck in center, got rid of the godawful blue seats and replaced them with green, painted the white railings black and on and on.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

They should never allow you back in Kansas City for saying that. I've been to Smoque and I thought it was god-awful. They don't give you that much food, either. Been there twice and walked away hungry each time.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

Smoke Daddy is the choice for Chicago barbecue (on the North Side, anyway)

10. Hiro

Hiro Member

The wife and I visited the top with a local friend this past summer. Go at night, order something cheap. Her mojito was $12, my rum and coke was something like $9.

Go to Boys' Town (we did!). ^_^

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I went to a place called Sushi Samba last night and had a terrific meal...

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mine was Yankee Stadium. Yowsa.

Draft saved Draft deleted