1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The old Busch Stadium was just as bad.

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

To quote someone: Dead. To. Me.

Indians fan. How's that showdown with the Tigers for the Central title coming?

3. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Go Taylor Street and head to La' Vita's. Then, after a drink at Bar Louie's (or two or three) head down to Al's Beef and get yo'self a combo with sweet. Then walk across the street to Mario's for some Italian ice.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The upper deck has been greatly improved. The Sox have used the money from US Cellular to improve the park, and one of the first things they did was reduce the slope of the upper deck. I sat there earlier this summer, and it was fine as it has been for years. But it sure did the upper deck sure did suck when it was first built.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a problem in years past. But the seats I had for a doubleheader were in the upper deck. Easy walk, easy access and a good view all things considered.

6. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I loved when they were building the park and found bullet holes in the seat backs of the upperdeck. Turns out the Robert Taylor residents (some of them) were taking pot shots from across the Ryan.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Loved walking around the downtown area by the Tribune Building.

8. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Especially at night, with the Wrigley Building all lit up across from it.

God, I miss home. :'(

9. Rambler

Rambler Member

Ugh. That is an urban legend and isn't true. A DJ (Jonathon Brandmeier) said it as a joke on the air and people jumped on it. What's even more disturbing is that someone would come on a journalism site and report it as fact.

To get back on track: Billy Goat (I'll likely be sitting in the "Wise Guys Corner"), Uno's or Due's, Legends (Buddy likes to stand in the back and watch the acts and is a very nice guy--no pun), U.S. Cellular, Wrigley, a walk down Michigan Ave. (start North and head South to finish at Tribune Tower and then down the stairs to Billy Goat). All good choices.

10. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Oh yes, Rambler. This site is full of facts. Let me know when you come down from the cross. Dillweed.

11. Rambler

Rambler Member

I don't get into Internet pissing matches, Granny, so don't bother.

Take care.

12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted