1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fixed.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, it's not like he's busy....

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Pizzeria Uno for lunch or dinner. It's where deep dish was invented. If Uno is full (which it will be) go to Due right nearby. It's the extension. (One and two in Italian). It's much better than the chain around the country (which isn't bad). Or you could go to the Billy Goat and get a cheezborger. It's right by the Tribune Tower.

4. JakeandElwood

Hater. I don't know when you're going Pastor, but the Angels are in town this weekend and the Blue Jays come in after that so either series would be good to get to.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cheezborger and a Coke sounds good right now.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Ugh. Deep dish is what we feed tourists.

7. JakeandElwood

I've only been there once, but I ordered a double and he yelled at me "No! You a big guy! You get triiiiiiiple cheezborger!" Since they're pretty small it was actually just the right size.

8. JakeandElwood

You don't like it? I love it.
    Fine, if Pastor's looking for some thin crust he should go to Aurelio's. Delicious stuff there.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's good.

10. Just4Fun

Just4Fun Guest

Buddy Guy's Legends. If you go at lunch time and one of the best blues guitarists ever isn't on tour, you just might get to meet Buddy, too!

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Do they have a tour of all the places that the Blues Brothers drove through in the film?

Seriously, see a blues show at Kingston Mines on Halstead. Places stays open until 5 a.m.

12. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

And you can drink when you get to the top!

(But not cheaply)

Draft saved Draft deleted