1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago: The Greatest Drinking City in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Sep 17, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love beers, and I talk about them a lot with other people who are into them.
    But I don't talk about beers to people aren't into it.

I've got a buddy who likes to try different beers occasionally. When we go to their house for dinner or they come to our place, I get a couple of bombers for him to try. We don't talk about dry hopping and finish or maltiness. He either likes what he tries or he doesn't. I don't hassle him when he cracks a Coors Light.

I've got another buddy who's more into beer than I am, and if we have beers together we talk about beer and geek out.

I like beer, but I'm not snobby about it. If I go to someone's place for a barbecue I'll bring some beer, and if I don't I drink what's there.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Doctor Who fans.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The hipster sommelier:

Hipsters annoy me. Their whole “I did, heard, drank that before anyone ever heard of it” shtick grates on my nerves. Their air of superiority based on knowledge of some arcane factoid makes me want to run screaming from their presence.

Because the hipster's primary goal in life is to make you feel inferior because they know things like the name of the band Justin Vernon was in before Bon Iver, and you've never heard of any of those things, it's no wonder that some hipsters are attracted to the world of wine. I mean, the quantity of facts about wine is virtually limitless. This makes wine a perfect topic for the hipster to flaunt their knowledge of little known facts over others. I mean, come on, who loves to lord their knowledge of trivia over others more than wine people? The idea of the hipster sommelier is so obvious.

http://chicagoist.com/2014/09/19/the_hipster_somm_just_might_be_what.php

Draft saved Draft deleted