1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago media and WNBA

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sports Barf, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It should have been a rally instead of a parade.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Photographic proof that the general public gives not one shit about the WNBA. Sad, really — but I'm not running out to buy season tickets, either.

3. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

4. rubenmateo

rubenmateo Active Member

Agreed. And on a school day during a pandemic, did they honestly expect parade-like crowds? All of those Bulls rallies were during summer breaks. Same with Blackhawks I imagine. The White Sox and Cubs ended long droughts. This is a totally different scope and should have been treated as such, albeit respectfully.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's not even bad, let alone embarrassing. Seems like someone took a cherry-picked picture and portrayed it as indicative of something. That never happens on the internet!

7. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

23 percent growth is not “exponential”

Woody Long likes this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

So the Suns will pay the $10,000 fine.

A decent crowd, from what it appears, for the celebration. That's cool. The WNBA has its place and, definitely, its fans. My daughter had an incredible time at a PHX game a few years ago. Shot a free throw on the court at the end of the game. Still talks about that. Some PR guy even followed up with a phone call the next week and asked if we had a good experience. How cool is that?

For us degens, betting on WNBA is far less risky than the NBA. :)

Dog8Cats likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I only know you a bit here, sir, but this is a cry for help and I will do whatever possible to ensure you get it.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A few years ago, a charity got us free tickets to a Liberty game at MSG. Sat a couple of rows behind one of the baskets, had a waiter take our order and bring food to us, and took a quick pic on the court after the game was over before a security guard waved us and a few others off. Fun experience, and I can see why the league has its fans. I'm just too busy during the summer to want to watch an indoor game.

Draft saved Draft deleted