1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago Cubs PA Announcer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TowelWaver, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Apologies if this isn't the right sub-board for this, I'm not sure where else it might go. I hope it also isn't a breach of decorum to post YouTube links--if so I will gladly take down.

One of my relatives is applying for the Chicago Cubs PA announcer position--it's basically his dream job as he's a lifelong Cubs fan--and he's put his audition on YouTube as per the audition guidelines. Apparently the application deadline is tomorrow (Monday) and it would help him in the process to have as many views/likes to the video as possible before then. If you have a moment to spare, on his behalf I'd greatly appreciate if you can visit his link:

If you are so inclined, a "Like" at the video would be most welcome. Thanks so much, and once again my apologies if this isn't appropriate per board rules.

2. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

I hate the Cubs but I liked this video. His voice seems like it would be good for Wrigley. Best of luck.

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I've seen this same post on multiple message boards. The OP has very few posts on the boards I've seen it on.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

5. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

Towelie would be the best PA announcer of all-time.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Hey there, thanks everyone. I've only posted this to two message boards, this one and Clutchfans (Rockets message board) both of which I've belonged to for years. It's true I have few posts (in both places), but I do tend to lurk as a general rule when reading message boards. Since this is my sister-in-law's brother, and since this is an opportunity he would value very much, I've made an exception to try to help him out. Again, if I've broken SportsJournalists.com decorum, or offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. I really do appreciate and thank those of you who have viewed the video.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Pat Pieper is giving up the job?

8. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Hagerty.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm back in third grade and its time for the class election.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Maybe Tom Green will get the job.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The megaphone broke.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd like to do it once.

Draft saved Draft deleted