1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago cop sued for asking woman on a date

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not going to quote all that, Boom, but I'm fired up to know I can get sushi at Walgreen's!

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm telling you. He should have given her a warning and and written a short, sweet note on the back of her card.

I just don't see myself ever trusting someone that went through my records like that to locate me. I would seriously worry about what stuff he would do in the future.

I heard some instances above that were OK and yes, would make a great story many years later. I just don't think this is one. IMO.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

One more post!

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not the direction I was going at all. Just being sympathetic as a one-time single loser who had a hard time meeting women (and was pretty hamfisted in his attempts when the opportunity did arise).

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

As a one-time single loser myself, I appreciate the direction you're going. But I think you're very strongly underestimating the fact that he committed a serious crime in his "hamfisted" effort at asking a woman out.

No matter how innocent his intentions may have been, I think most women would see this for what it really was: an abuse of power that borders on stalking. That's Jason Voorhees territory, not Lloyd Dobler.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Damn straight! That did bother me

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Am I the only ex-Chicagoan who laughed about the cop being from Stickney?

I think that town might be tied with nearby Lyons for most dive bars (and creepy dudes drinking in them) per square mile.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If he would have thrown in a reference to handcuffs, he might have had a better shot.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Doesn't see the problem

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Blue font?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're going to set my country music award on fire?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm a woman and I don't see the big deal whatsoever.

I'm fairly confident the cop could have found all her personal information on the Internet. Maybe using DMV records was a shortcut, maybe it was a straight search one of the Internet sites anyone can use. The story didn't really specify, but it's all out there.

Rip up the letter and forget about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted