1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago boy, 9, dead in shooting, possibly 'targeted'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 3, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    He was my boyfriend

old_tony likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure what that means, most gangs are self-funded. But anyway, would you join this protest or would you have to remain neutral?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure most gang members have a number of family members receiving significant amounts of public assistance, so I would suggest gangs are never completely self-funded. And I would also bet that while they're raking in big dollars for some of their other "activities," they're laughing at the taxpayers when they cash their public assistance checks.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

tony, don't forget the free cellphones, which by now are probably free smartphones.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Just a little research on public assistance would help, but you're too busy chasing down minority voters.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This particular gang member had $100,000 to make bail on his prior gun charge. Must have been really saving those welfare checks.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a GoFundMe account?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I find this story especially horrifying, but only because those who are alleged to be the murderers are black. #plumbingmysubconscious

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. It's even better than that:

Morgan’s girlfriend, who received a large court settlement in a lawsuit against a hospital, supplied the $100,000, a law enforcement source said. Morgan’s attorney, Jeff Kent, did not return messages from the Sun-Times. Morgan’s lawyers have said Morgan is a construction worker.

Person of interest in Tyshawn Lee killing is free on $1 million bond - Chicago

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And that has what-all to do with a 9-year-old kid shot in Chicago by a gang member?

Draft saved Draft deleted